In order to use the Kira platform, you'll need to have a working microphone and speakers on your desktop/laptop. You can use a headset with a built-in microphone. Please note that platform is not supported on tablets (including Microsoft Surface Pro or iPad) and there is no mobile app available at this time.
1. Check to make sure that your browser is updated and that you have installed and enabled the latest version of Adobe Flash. To learn how to download, install, or enable Adobe Flash, see our FAQ article here.
2. During Device Setup, you may get a prompt that "app.kiratalent.com wants to use your camera and microphone" > Choose "Allow". If you are using Chrome (recommended), double check that Flash is enabled by following the screenshot below. Refresh your page once this is done.
3. Once your Flash Player Settings appears in your recorder view, click on the Privacy tab and then choose "Allow" and "Remember".
4. To adjust your microphone settings in the Flash Player Settings, click on the microphone tab. Here you can reduce the echo, adjust the recording volume, and make sure that the correct microphone is being used by selecting options in the drop down menu. Click "X" to close the box.
Note: at any point you should be able to reopen the Flash Player Settings by right-clicking within the recorder screen > Click "Settings"
2. Follow the instructions for microphone setup and record your audio sample. As you speak, you'll see a white dot flashing next to the microphone symbol to let you know your voice is being detected.
You should also be able to hear the quality of the audio during the sample playback. If no audio is detected, you will receive a message notifying you to make adjustments. You can double check your microphone settings in Flash Player Settings by right-clicking within the recorder screen.